A visual abstract poetry of the human being confronted with nature, the machine and himself.
In the center of Romania there is an open pit copper mine, enclosed by erupting sub-volcanoes. Here, man has carved an architectural rock wonder. The sounds of the machines create a mysterious symphony, while the waste paints subtle shades of blue. The walls of the pit frame an unexpected and ongoing emotional story in which vivid eruptions of feelings emerge from the dancers’ bodies. They are linked by a common story, an inherited craziness that flows invisible around them and digs deep in their subconscious.
Director and Choreographer Simona Deaconescu
Director of Photography Tudor Panduru
Sound Design Sebastian Zsemlye
Producer Anamaria Antoci
Editor Alex Gheorghe
Dancers Denis Bolborea, Simona Dabija, Diana Spiridon, Galea Bobeicu, Razvan Stoian
- Bestias Danzantes (Awarded Special Mention for Best International Short)
- Encore Dance on Film
- Aestetica Short FF
- Agite y Sirva
- Dance Film Festival Brussels
- Detroit Dance City Festival
- Greensboro Dance Film Festival
- Kolkata Shorts International Film Festival (Awarded Special Mention for Best International Short)
- Light Moves Festival of Screendance
- San Francisco Dance Film Festival
- Sans Souci Festival of Dance Cinema
- The Outlet Dance Project
- Videodanza Buenos Aires, Argentina
PRODUCERS & SPONSORS
A Tangaj Dance & Tapioca Film production, co-financed as part of the project “Room 0003_Lines of Flight” by The Administration of the National Cultural Fund.